Chief Geologist- Siphumelele Mine
Anglo American Platinum (South Africa)
Rustenburg Platinum Mines - Siphumelele Mine
Mineral Resource Management
Full Time Permanent
North West Province
CHIEF GEOLOGIST: ANGLO AMERICAN PLATINUM, ANGLO BAND 6,SIPHUMELELE MINE, INTERNAL & EXTENAL VACANCY
The Chief Geologist is responsible for providing the specialist Geological service to the Operational Unit and forms part of the Mine Technical Services department. Owns and compiles on lease resource model to a standard appropriate for Life of Lease planning – ensures geological excellence on shafts.Demonstrated ability to perform in an environment with attention being continuously divided between a wide variety of interdisciplinary tasks in terms of Brownfields, Greenfields and JV's operations.
• Modeling and interpretation of one of the ore body
• Evaluate in totality the ore body of the Operational Unit (Geology, structure)
• Planning: the recommendation and leading of long-, medium- and short-term mineral resources projects
• Exploration: maintain / increase ore reserves
• Environmental assistance: Hydrology/Hydrogeology
• Public relations: represents the Operational Unit and on occasion acts as a host to visitors to the Operational Unit
• Setting of Operational Unit specific standards in line with corporate guidelines (SAMREC, JORC) Operational
• Grade control: monitor and advise various disciplines on how to set necessary measurements and procedures
• Identifying and assisting in the tackling of Geological disturbances from mining operations
• Input into Operational Unit planning – LoL, 5 year, 1 year and short term planning.
• Input into ore flow statements for Operational Unit planning and ore accounting purposes
• Maintaining and developing geological standards for the Unit
• Review and advise on the optimum exploitation of the ore body
• Responsible for maintaining and improving the effectiveness of the Geological personnel
• Talent Management
• Compiles geological model for lease
• Ensures technical compliance
• Provides geological advice to shaft geologists
• Ensures underground Operational Unit geology results input into appropriate technical systems (Datamine etc)
• Appropriate Tertiary Geology qualification
• Evaluation experience will be an advantageous
• Post qualification experience in mining geology (8 years)
• Post qualification experience in Bushveld complex and platinum geology (3 years)
• Computer literate: MS Office and discipline specific software (Datamine and Sable)
• Sound knowledge pertaining to geology – lease exploration
• Must be a Registered Natural Scientist
• Certificate of Fitness
• No major sensory restrictions
Incomplete CV's and /or applications will not be considered.
If you do not hear from the Company within 21 days, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Applicants are advised to clearly stipulate their match with the aforementioned criteria. Applications that do not comply to stipulation will not be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Anglo American Platinum shall apply the Employment Equity principles as set out in Anglo Platinum's Employment Equity Policy.
AJS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND AJS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.
SOME EMPLOYERS MAY ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF YOUR APPLICATION.