At DAI, it's the people who make the difference.
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
DAI seeks Petroleum Sector Advisors for an upcoming, multiyear USAID-funded Economic Governance Activity in South Sudan. The new activity will provide support to the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning (MOFEP), the Bank of South Sudan (BOSS), Ministry of Energy and Mines, and other key government institutions at the national, state and county level in strengthening budgeting and public financial management, tax policy and administration, monetary and central bank operations, and petroleum sector management. Oil revenues currently provide 98% of all GoSS revenues.
Petroleum Sector Advisors will provide support to the Government of South Sudan (GoSS), specifically the Ministry of Energy and Mines, to:
• Develop a solid legal and fiscal framework to govern the petroleum sector.
• Establish effective systems and infrastructure to track and monitor resource and revenue flows from upstream and downstream petroleum activities.
• Market and optimize the value of crude oil and oil products from South Sudan, including development of market databases and analyses.
• Ensure effective management of environmental aspects of petroleum sector development
Various technical specializations will be demanded, from petroleum law, to fiscal regimes for petroleum extraction, to petroleum marketing and analysis, and petroleum engineering. Intensive capacity building will be an integral part of all program activities.
• Masters’ Degree in related fields; Law Degree (JD or LLM) for tasks involving legal drafting and development.
• 10+ years of experience in petroleum sector, including experience with Production Sharing Agreements (PSAs) where relevant.
• Proven skills and experience in training and capacity building.
• Experience with multilateral or bilateral donor programs, especially USAID.
• Proven track record in working effectively within multidisciplinary, multinational teams.
• Experience in Africa and particularly post-conflict countries.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-working skills.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should e-mail CV and cover letter. No phone inquiries will be accepted.
DAI is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer.
AJS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND AJS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.
SOME EMPLOYERS MAY ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF YOUR APPLICATION.