Technical Field Managers, Libya
Total package of circa £48,350 to £60,250* (approximately $76,300 to $95,000*) per annum, dependant on location, plus three international flights per year and many other benefits.
If you're looking for your next role in EOD, Mine Clearance or Small Arms Management and Disposal, working for MAG will give you the opportunity to work with an internationally recognized, sector leading humanitarian organization. You'll have the chance to use your knowledge and experience to help communities worldwide, contributing to MAG's mission of clearing the remnants of conflict to save lives.
As a Technical Field Manager, you will be responsible for leading teams of national staff, transferring your skills to build a sustainable capacity in-country. You'll take a hands-on approach to manage the challenge of working in remote and demanding environments. In return, you'll be rewarded with the opportunity to use your expertise and initiative to contribute to the rehabilitation of communities devastated by conflict, as well as the chance to become involved in new developments and initiatives, such as emergency response and stockpile management.
To be successful in an application, previous relevant technical qualifications and field experience in either EOD, Mine Clearance or Small Arms Management and Disposal are essential, so that you are able to safely train and supervise national staff. Previous humanitarian mine action experience is desirable but not essential, providing you have the technical and leadership skills to manage and mentor a team.
Further information about the role can be found in the job description, available below. Further information on the attributes needed to be a successful candidate can be found in the person specification.
Technical Field Managers are rewarded with generous benefits, both financial and non-financial:
• Salary: The total salary package for TFMs ranges from circa £48,350 to £60,250* (approximately $76,500 to $95,000*) per annum, including basic salary, per diem, and hardship allowance where appropriate.
• Career Development: Most of our technical employees are appointed on global, open ended contracts offering you job security and career development, with the opportunity to work in different MAG programmes and roles should you wish to develop a long term career with us. We also offer staff opportunities for further training and development.
• Accommodation: MAG will provide private accommodation in-country.
• Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You'll have a minimum of six weeks out of the programme per year, and this rises with service to eight weeks. ‘Hardship' programmes also provide additional "Breather Breaks".
• Flights: MAG provides three international flights home per year, plus additional regional flights for Breather Breaks where appropriate
• Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG's comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
AJS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND AJS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.
SOME EMPLOYERS MAY ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF YOUR APPLICATION.