Rigger Underground C2
Anglo American Platinum (South Africa)
Engineering & Projects
Full Time Permanent
Rigger UG C2 ANGLO AMERICAN PLATINUM, UNION MINE – LIMPOPO, INTERNAL & EXTERNAL VACANCY
• This role has a 2.9.2 appointment in terms of the MHSA, Act of 1996:
• Maintain, install and commission the of the machinery and equipment to an agreed standard in the area of responsibility
Technical Work Responsibilities
• Work is performed to 'Zero Tolerance' principles.
• Work area is maintained to required housekeeping standards.
• All equipment complies with required specifications for safe operation.
• All safety devices are operational and in use.
• Down time of units is minimized.
• Checklists and inspections are up to date and accurate
• Assessment of employee competency as required
• Inspections of completed work delegated and work in progress
• Maintenance of machinery and equipment.
• Be responsible for the proper discipline of subordinates.
• Report any contraventions of the Minerals Act, MHSA, Regulations, codes of practice, instructions, permissions, exemptions etc.
• Stop all unsafe activities, practices and machinery
• Adhere to all legal requirements as per the Mines Health and safety Act of 1996 and the Minerals act and Regulations of 1991
• Equipment and machinery specific competence
• Planned task observations:
• Cutting torch license
• First aid ticket
• Grade 10 or Technical Trade Specific N2
• Certified Competent as Rigger
• English literate (speak, read and write)
• Must be able to do standby and overtime
• Must be familiar with risk assessments procedures
• Valid driving license code 08
• Basic Computer Skills
• Physical Requirements
• Certificate of Fitness
• Not color blind
• Anglo American Platinum shall apply the Employment Equity principles as set out in Anglo Platinum's Employment Equity Policy.
• Incomplete CV's and /or applications will not be considered.
• If you do not hear from the Company within 21 days after applying, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
AJS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND AJS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.
SOME EMPLOYERS MAY ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF YOUR APPLICATION.