Value Chain Coordinator
Since 1963 and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 93 projects in 40 countries and revenues of $124 million.
Location: Burkina Faso
We are currently seeking a long-term Value Chain Coordinator for the three-year USAID-funded West Africa Expanded Agribusiness and Trade Promotion (E-ATP) project, which is based in Burkina Faso. The position is anticipated to start November 2010.The project's goal is to increase the value and volume of intraregional agricultural trade by strengthening food security, improving agricultural productivity, developing dynamic regional and sub-regional agricultural markets, integrating farmers into a market economy, and achieving more equitable distribution of wealth.
* Provide technical input on project activities related to value chains, such as value chain analysis, regional policy reform and value chain logistics.
* Design a policy advocacy plan broken out according to value chain.
* Build a medium-term plan to improve the understanding of regional trade policies, regulations and rules by private sector stakeholders (traders, transporters) and their ability to defend their rights in moving food products within West Africa.
* Design and disseminate replicable business models to drive trade.
* Strengthen the capacity of regional apex organizations.
* Supervise and provide coaching, training and diverse technical support to targeted value chain leaders.
* Manage international short-term support to E-ATP target value chains, guide the implementation of work and ensure the production of timely and high-quality deliverables.
* Maintain regular communication with ACDI/VOCA Project Coordinator and headquarters technical staff. Arrange for ACDI/VOCA staff experts to conduct field studies and training workshops.
* Minimum of 10 years of experience working on international agricultural development and competitiveness projects with a focus on activities related to value chain development.
* Master's degree in relevant technical field.
* Experience managing large, complex projects in challenging international environments.
* Understanding of the value chain approach, ideally in an African context.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Fluency in English and French required.
How to apply
Please apply. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.
AJS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND AJS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.
SOME EMPLOYERS MAY ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF YOUR APPLICATION.