Location: TBD Africa, VA
Core Sector: Infrastructure
Experience Level: Regular Full-time
International Relief and Development (IRD) is a non-profit organization specializing in international development and humanitarian assistance. IRD’s mission is to reduce the suffering of the world’s most vulnerable groups and provide tools and resources needed to increase their self-sufficiency.
IRD is expanding its global presence, and in preparation for this growth we are collecting resumes to build a strong candidate pool for possible job openings in the near future. IRD is seeking Contract Administrators for anticipated Africa proposals.
Specific Job Functions:
• Write contracts, negotiate terms and conditions, manage large scale contract databases and associated documentation, contract modification and extensions, and contract close out.
• Monitor the ongoing status of agreements between parties and resolve disputes.
• Manage the daily operation of subcontracts.
• Establish and maintain communications through daily meetings with subcontractors and field staff to ensure smooth program implementation.
• Provide guidance in the interpretation of award terms and conditions, and U.S. Federal regulations.
• Advise IRD staff on matters related to preparation and administration of contracts and related compliance issues.
• Support activities in the areas of project budget, audit, and financial reporting for all government contracts and grants.
Train staff and subcontractors in procurement policies and contract compliance.
Required Skills & Experience
• BA or BS or higher University degree.
•5 years’ experience with contract development, contract standards, and contract language.
• Experience with USAID contract conditions.
• Extensive knowledge of regulations governing construction contracts, in particular the FAR and FIDIC.
• Extensive knowledge of local regulations in at least one country in Africa.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Fluency in English.
• Strong interpersonal skills, creativity, initiative, participatory leadership and tactful decisiveness.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and problem solve.
• Ability to work effectively with a large variety of diverse people.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Excellent management skills.
AJS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND AJS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.
SOME EMPLOYERS MAY ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF YOUR APPLICATION.