Youth Trainers – GULU- NWOYA
STRYDE Uganda FULL TIME
About this Job:
Strengthening Rural Youth Development through Enterprise (STRYDE) Uganda
TechnoServe (TNS) is a nonprofit international development organization founded in 1968. Its mission is to help entrepreneurial men and women break the cycle of poverty by building businesses that create jobs, income, and economic opportunities for their families, their communities, and their countries. For more information, visit www.technoserve.org TechnoServe’s Strengthening Rural Youth Development through Enterprise (STRYDE) program is a regional youth enterprise development program designed to enable 15,000 rural youth aged 18 to 30 to have a more successful transition into economically independent adulthood, increasing their opportunity, ability and motivation to engage in income-generating activities. The overall goal of the program is to sustainably improve the livelihoods of rural youth and their households, ultimately helping them to become active contributors and financially independent members of society.
I. PRIMARY PURPOSE
The Youth Trainer will be responsible for the mobilization and recruitment of program participants, the delivery of program content training and providing mentorship to the youth participants during the aftercare program.
II. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Complete and be certified in a Training of Trainers, which will provide the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively deliver the program content.
• Attend all trainings provided by TechnoServe.
• Conduct outreach and recruitment drives within their designate project area to attract youth to join the program.
• Mobilize and enroll youth participants into the program and establish the required target number of youth groups per training cycle (at least 2 per Trainer), and number of participants (at least 25 per group).
• Facilitate group orientation and team building activities to solidify relationships within the group and support identification of appropriate and safe training/meeting venues within the project area.
• Oversee and maintain responsibility of all training materials required for training sessions.
• Prepare for, schedule, and deliver individual training modules to youth participants.
• Provide monthly training schedule to supervisor.
• Track attendance for individual training modules.
• Administer and summarize training evaluation/feedback forms for individual training modules and
provide to supervisor following each training.
• Identify Key skill gaps within the youth groups relative to the local economic opportunities and
provide feedback to supervisor on training requirements/ needs.
• Collect required data on training program metrics within stipulated period and review reports with
• Support and prepare the participants to roll out experiential businesses.
• Provide Group mentorship and follow-on support following the completion of training.
• Collect varied data from project participants as specified by the M&E team.
• Develop a good working relationship with local community based organizations, youth associations,
business owners and local leaders.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
• Ability to conduct effective training sessions for young adults aged 18-30.
• Ability to deliver specified trainings (approximately 10-12 sessions per month) to youth groups of 25 participants.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Fluency in both written and oral local language required (Luo); English language skills preferred.
• Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills required.
• A dynamic, energetic and creative individual.
• Experience in data collection and report writing.
• Small business operations experience would be an added advantage.
• Proven ability and experience working with youth groups will be an added advantage.
• Willingness to be based in remote rural locations and reside in the same area as the program clients.
• Minimum Diploma holder.
• At least 2 years of experience in Training or Capacity-building projects, Adult learning or Education.
• Past experience in data collection and report writing.
• Proficiency in use of computers an advantage.
• Basic Counseling skills will be an added advantage.
Salary: - USD/month
How to apply:
If you are interested and meet the requirements, apply by email with the position title in the subject line and on the Application Letter. Send ONLY your Application Letter and CV, with names and telephone contacts of three professional referees.
AJS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND AJS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.
SOME EMPLOYERS MAY ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF YOUR APPLICATION.