Chief of Party, Africa
Location: TBD Africa, VA
Core Sector: Infrastructure
Experience Level: Regular Full-time
International Relief and Development (IRD) is a non-profit organization specializing in international development and humanitarian assistance. IRD’s mission is to reduce the suffering of the world’s most vulnerable groups and provide tools and resources needed to increase their self-sufficiency.
IRD is expanding its global presence, and in preparation for this growth we are collecting resumes to build a strong candidate pool for possible job openings in the near future. IRD is seeking Chief of Party/Project Director candidates for Africa.
Project Director's or COP’s responsibilities include:
• Recruitment, supervision, and development of technical and administrative staff.
• Financial oversight of the program and ultimate accountability for spending to budget.
• Oversight of technical design and construction supervision, sub-contractor relationships and compliance with donor and IRD regulations regarding sub-contractors.
• Overall responsibility for progress and financial reporting to the donor.
• Development of program and financial plans
• Supervision of daily operations to ensure coordinated implementation of program plans and timely deliverables.
Required Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
• Registered Professional Engineer in home country
• At least 5 years of successful experience as a Project Director, or Chief of Party;
• At least 7-10 years of experience managing construction projects in Africa or similar setting.
• Fluency in English language.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with a broad range of stakeholders, including high-level host country government officials, local municipal governments and private sector, including NGOs, and community representatives and other local business partners;
• Strong communication, coordination and public relations skills
AJS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND AJS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.
SOME EMPLOYERS MAY ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF YOUR APPLICATION.