Chief Education, Abidjan
Purpose of the Position
Accountable for formulation, design, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of the Education programme to ensure overall efficiency and effectiveness of the programme management, delivery and accomplishment of programme goals and objectives. Across Education programmes, accountable for identifying gender inequalities in education, developing innovative approaches and programmes to eliminating these disparities. Collaborates across the programmes to ensure gender mainstreaming. Ensures that monitoring mechanisms are in place to track progress towards disparities reduction goals and targets in Education.
Key Expected Results
1. Timely sectoral analysis, input, support and collaboration to the Situation Analysis and its periodic update made for effective programme planning, development and management, in a gender-specific framework.
2. Knowledge management effectively promoted through drafting/finalizing key Education sectoral programme documents and reports, sharing good practice, lessons learned, and knowledge/information exchange.
3. Rights-based Education programming effectively promoted, and coherence, synergy and value added to programme management process through results-based management.
4. Sectoral work plan and activities formulated, implemented and monitored, ensuring alignment with the defined programme strategies and approaches and gender mainstreaming across programmes.
5. Programme delivery, evaluation and reporting carried out efficiently, rigorously and transparently in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
6. UNICEF's global goals effectively promoted through advocacy and policy dialogue in the Education sector.
7. Proper and timely UNICEF and Government accountability ensured regarding supply and non-supply assistance as well as disbursement of programme funds for the Education sector.
8. Effective communication and networking achieved through partnership and collaboration.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Advanced university degree in one or more of the disciplines relevant to the following areas:
Education; Primary Education, or Social Sciences fields relevant to international development assistance.*
Some demonstrative capacity to identify and monitor gender inequalities, as well as develop and implement gender mainstreaming in programmes.
Eight years of relevant work experience at national and international levels in fields relevant to Education programmes. Experience working in the UN or other international development organization an asset.
Background/familiarity with Emergency.
Fluency in English and French required.
*A first level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
Communicates effectively to varied audiences, including during formal public speaking.
Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
Sets high standards for quality of work and consistently achieves project goals.
Has good leadership and supervisory skills; co-ordinates group activities, ensuring that roles within the team are clear.
Translates strategic direction into plans and objectives.
Analyzes and integrates diverse and complex quantitative and qualitative data from a wide range of sources.
Quickly builds rapport with individuals and groups; maintains an effective network of individuals across organizational departments.
Identifies urgent and potentially difficult decisions and acts on them promptly; initiates and generates team- and department-wide activities.
Demonstrates, applies and shares expert technical knowledge across the organization.
Re-advertisement. Candidates who had applied previously will be considered and need not re-apply
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
AJS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND AJS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.
SOME EMPLOYERS MAY ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF YOUR APPLICATION.