IFES is an Equal Opportunity Employer (V/D/M/F).
Full Job Description:
Operations and Finance Manager-Egypt (Local Hires Only)
Location: Egypt, Cairo
Division: Program Management
Status: International Full Time
Position Number: 11:230
Under the direction and supervision of the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party, the Operations and Finance Manager will have responsibility for management of operational, administrative and financial issues for IFES Egypt, including:
Financial Management (50%)
• Manage and supervise all field office expenditures.
• Supervise, manage and train the Finance Officer in the payment of regular office expenditures, preparation of bimonthly Field Expense Reports and petty cash and bank reconciliations.
• Maintain proper and confidential filing of finance related documents, office asset register and project equipment inventory list.
• Work with programmatic team on project procurement and ensure procurement practices and expenditures are in accordance with donor (USAID and others) and IFES policy and regulations.
• Work with programmatic team to track project budgets, prepare projections and determine allowable project expenditures.
• Work with programmatic team on financial oversight of sub-awards.
Operations Management (50%)
• Manage and supervise all field office operations in close coordination with programmatic team.
• Manage, supervise and train the Operations Coordinator in project logistics, office functionality, coordination of IFES Driver’s work schedule and records keeping.
• Maintain the IFES/Egypt Employee Handbook and Security Plan, preparing periodic trainings for staff as necessary.
• Work with legal advisors to ensure timely and accurate tax and social insurance payments to relevant government entities.
Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required; master’s degree preferred.
• 7+ years of experience in financial management with 2+ years of experience in operational management of grants for an international NGO.
• Experience working on USAID funded projects.
• Experience with financial accounting systems, such as Quickbooks.
• Knowledge of various contract modalities and experience managing such contracts.
• Effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational, and prioritization skills.
• Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
• Fluency in English and Arabic required.
AJS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND AJS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.
SOME EMPLOYERS MAY ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF YOUR APPLICATION.