Action Against Hunger
Regional Advocacy Officer for the West Africa Regional Office
Field – Dakar, Senegal – Temporary
Length of Contract: 6 months
1) To coordinate and implement ACF-International Regional advocacy strategy for West Africa including Sahel 2012 crisis advocacy plan with the support of ACF-International advocacy Network under the lead of ACF-UK.
2) To develop ACF position in Advocacy for the region: at regional and national level.
3) Define priorities and support ACF-International missions in West Africa for the application of the Regional Advocacy Strategy: support activities already started in some missions and support starting of advocacy activities in other missions.
- Coordinate ACF-International HQs network to update and complete Action Plan for the West Africa Advocacy Initiative and Sahel 2012 crisis advocacy plan with the support of ACFIN
- Implement regional advocacy activities
- Develop strategic partnerships and alliances with other humanitarian and development actors in the region
- Participate on the regional advocacy fora based in Dakar
- Elaborate new funding strategies to approach donors and promote advocacy actions
- Support West Africa missions in development, implementation and monitoring & evaluation of advocacy strategies at mission level
- Provide support to the Head of Missions and technical teams in the development of an advocacy strategy in the missions in collaboration with the ACF-F “AMAI support to mission” position
Qualification and previous experience:
Bachelors or higher degree in a related field or law degree and two years of related work experience: i.e. development studies, social sciences, or similar background
Experience in using monitoring information for advocacy and in policy campaigns and dialogues with partners and governments
Experience in think tanks desired
Good knowledge of project cycle management, poverty reduction strategies and fight against hunger
Experience in managing multidisciplinary teams
At least 2 years of demonstrated working experience in a reputable organisation, research and policy analysis, data collection, analysis and interpretation (both qualitative and quantitative data), writing and production of reports, policy briefs and publications
AJS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND AJS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.
SOME EMPLOYERS MAY ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF YOUR APPLICATION.