General Research Analyst (Office) (Type 2)
Location: Various (Cambridge, New Haven, Santiago, Paris, Cape Town, and Chennai)***
The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) seeks qualified applicants for positions as Research Analysts for projects on agriculture, education, the environment, finance, health, labor, and governance. These positions offer an opportunity to gain first-hand analysis experience in an organization undertaking cutting-edge development research. These positions are located in Cambridge (MA), New Haven (CT), Santiago (Chile), Paris (France), Cape Town (South Africa), and Chennai (India) with the opportunity to work with various J-PAL affiliated professors.
Research Analysts assist in the development of data collection protocols, prepare requests for approval to relevant internal review boards (IRB), clean data collected from the field and help with preliminary data analysis, write project reports, and help other research assistant tasks as needed.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
* Candidates should at least hold a Bachelor's Degree in economics including training in microeconomics, econometrics, statistics, and advanced math.
* Graduate - level coursework in economics is a plus.
* Very strong quantitative, organizational, and communication skills are necessary
* Fluency and excellent communication skills in English
* Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and team player
* Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations
* Prior experience working with large data sets and programming in Stata, SAS, or other statistical analysis languages are necessary.
* Familiarity with randomized controlled trials preferred.
If you are interested, please do following:
Complete the application indicating that you are interested in applying for a "Type 2" position. You may submit your application without transcripts or letters of recommendation, but these materials are required. After submitting, you can edit your application at any time and may add these materials.