Welcome aboard Kenya Airways!
Kenya Airways prides itself in being the Pride of Africa. We fly to thirty six destinations worldwide, most of them being in Africa. We have recently expanded our fleet with the acquisition of four modern Boeing aircraft in the 777 series. At Kenya Airways we believe that our greatest asset is our people.
When you join Kenya Airways we provide you with training, the systems and tools you require to perform and best of all, an environment that will enable you achieve your full potential.
Job Title: Approved Aircraft Technician-Accra
Carry out inspection, repair and replacement tasks on aircraft and aircraft systems and perform certification within his/her single scope of approval in accordance with KCAA regulations and the company procedures at optimised cost for the business whilst upholding high safety standards to maintain schedule integrity.
* Assess defect s on aircraft, troubleshoot, rectify and certify within the single scope approval for timely release of aircraft to maintain schedule integrity
* Carry out scheduled maintenance checks and service bulletins and certify within the single scope approval for safe and timely release of aircraft within planned downtime for continued airworthiness.
* Carry out inspection, repair, replacement, overhaul, modification and testing of aircraft components and aircraft tools and certify within the component at cluster approval for optimal turn around time to ensure continuous availability of serviceable component.
* Carry out and certify maintenance on cabin utilities and i.e. systems for utmost customer satisfaction and comfort
* Identify and requisition of the required parts
* Carry out and certify duplicate inspections on safety critical systems of the aircraft and engines within the single scope approval to ensure system integrity
* Report incidents / accident occurrences as per company procedures
* Ensure that maintenance tasks carried out within the single scope approval are recorded accurately & signed for in order to maintain correct & up to date aircraft history /data
* Adhere to the company safety, health and environmental policy
* Co-ordinate aircraft towing to and from hangars by communicating with the tower / apron control and operating the necessary aircraft systems for safe and timely movement of the aircraft
* Carry out security checks as per engineering security document annex 8.
* Develop technicians for improved competency/ efficiency
* Work towards acquiring dual licences/approvals
* Diploma in the relevant engineering discipline and an approved apprenticeship program
* Diploma in the relevant engineering discipline and at least three years working experience in aircraft maintenance
* Either single litre plus approval on at least one aircraft type (allowed to be called licensed engineer 1) or a transit approval on at least two a/c types or approval on one component at a cluster
* At least two years as a technician
* In depth knowledge on aircraft systems
* Proficiency in computer applications
* Knowledgeable on KCAA regulations
* Knowledgeable on Kenya airways procedures
* Human factors knowledge
How To Apply
Kenya Airways is an equal opportunity employer.