Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor
Location: Dakar, Senegal
Core Sector: Call For Resumes
Experience Level: Regular Full-tim
IRD seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor for a community health program in Senegal. The M&E Advisor guides the project to affect overall program innovation, pilot initiatives, and their scale up or conclusion with corresponding lessons learned and best practices, capacity building and the delivery of quality services. The Advisor develops, implements, and monitors the project-level performance monitoring plans and systems for gathering, reporting, and analyzing performance data for impact and sustainability of project implementation. S/he will support the health information system with promotion of collection and use of data for health services improvement that measure and document the achievements and accomplishments of the implementation plan indicators against set performance targets, including mid-term milestones/ benchmarks, annual and expected end-of-project results targets. The Advisor provides technical inputs to the technical team in order to assist in developing program goals and objectives as well as M&E tools and strategies and provides monitoring data to strategically informs the decisions on project performance and future direction to the project management team and Chief of Party. The Advisor documents best practices and success stories; prepares documentation for potential program users and public relations purposes; and submits timely, high quality quarterly reports to USAID. This position will be based in Dakar, Senegal and is contingent upon project award and funding.
Required Skills & Experience
• Master’s degree or higher in fields relevant to monitoring and evaluation.
• At least 10 years of demonstrated experience in performing monitoring and evaluation activities, experience in the health sector preferred.
• Relevant experience in the development and management of M&E systems at the community level is desirable.
• Experience facilitating the successful integration of community level program data into the routine M&E systems of the MOH.
• Significant senior-level experience in monitoring and evaluating complex systems improvement programs in Senegal, preferably in health.
• Proficiency in evaluation design and development of indicators.
• Good working knowledge of descriptive, inferential, and advanced statistics.
• Ability to obtain, analyze, and interpret data and present findings.
• Experience in quantitative measurement of program impact; experience in communications-based training.
• Demonstrated competence in assessing priorities and in managing a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment, and in meeting deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
• Strategic thinker with people skills and managerial, and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated excellent English and French language skills (both written and oral) with the ability to conduct business in both languages.
• Willingness to travel extensively within Senegal.
Preferred Skills & Experience