Project Officer Governance, Kwale, Kenya
Project Officer Governance
Plan is an international humanitarian child centered community development organization, without religious, political or government affiliation. Plan started its operations in Kenya in 1982 and is committed to protecting and promoting child rights, and to improving the lives and futures of poor children, their families and communities through a child-centered community development approach.
Location: Kenya - Kwale
Plan International Inc. Kenya Country Office
Plan Kenya is seeking to recruit for the position of Project Officer Governance (2 positions) based at Kwale Program Unit. This job reports to the Program Coordinator Protection Inclusion & Governance. The job holder will be responsible for implementing Child Centered Community Development strategies in line with the Program Unit Long Term Plans Strategies.
* Ensure timely and quality project implementation
* Ensure quality project reports and photos for the sponsorship products
* Provide capacity building as defined by the project
* Deliver quality, timely and accurate Project documents including Project Outlines, Project Completion Reports and manage the projects effectively using Plan program monitoring module. (PPM)
* Ensure availability of accurate and timely program management information using the corporate systems (PPM).
* Ensure enhanced capacity of children, communities and partners to take up active participation in program delivery and ownership of community development initiatives within the program unit.
* Provide good linkages and relations between communities and key partners within the program unit.
* Ensure strengthened CBO capacity in development and resource mobilization
* Facilitate participation of children and youth in program forums
* Provide timely accurate and comprehensive project closure reports and project output delivery
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
* Degree in Social Sciences, Development Science or other related field
* At least 2 years experience in an NGO at community level
* Understanding of rights based approach to development and participatory development
* Good communication skills
* Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural environment
* Ability to work with communities at all levels
* Fluent in written and oral English and Kiswahili.
* Team building and motivational skills
* Strong facilitating and influencing skills
Plan Kenya is a development organization uniting people to advance the rights of all children. Accordingly, employment is subject to our child protection standards including appropriate background checks and adherence to our Child Protection Policy.
If you meet the requirements of the above position and would like to be a part of it in our commitment to children, please send detailed and updated curriculum vitae with current and/or expected remuneration and contacts of three professional references, including your current/latest supervisor. Your email or envelope should bear the title applied for i.e. “PROJECT OFFICER - GOVERNANCE as the subject.
You are invited to read more about Plan in our website www.plan-international.org.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Reference Code: RW_8EMHZ3-75
Fake job announcements and offers of assistance are in circulation. Scam "artists" want to steal your money!
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, TRAINING OR ANY OTHER FEES).
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.