Administrative Assistant/ Registry and Housing, Kampala, Uganda
Under the guidance and supervision of the Administrative Associate, the Administrative Assistant /Registry and Housing provides reliable registry services and assists in the management of the office building and UN village.
The Administrative Assistant/ Registry and Housing demonstrates a client-oriented approach, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of key functions:
- Maintenance of the registry system
- Effective mail and pouch management and cost recovery for related services to agencies
- Management of the UN Housing
Ensures maintenance of registry system focusing on achievement of the following results:
* Set up and maintenance of the office filing system in accordance with the UNDP Global Filing System and the Office intranet/E-documentation;
* Opening of new subject files as required and disposal of old files in accordance with the established retention schedule;
* Maintenance of archives, making sure files are properly stored and accessible; safe keeping of documents according to the office E-documentation system;
* Provision of photocopies of material from the confidential registry files, as requested by staff. Assistance in the collection of reference and background material from registry files;
* Establishment and maintenance of records system of file movements within the office; maintenance of the office circulation and reading files using efficiently the office intranet system;
* Preparation of correspondence and reports related to registry activities;
* Participation in the creation and maintenance of an electronic registry/archive system in close cooperation with the ICT staff.
Ensures provision of effective mail management using the office intranet and E-documentation focusing on achievement of the following results:
* Receipt, registration, coding and forwarding of incoming faxes, letters and other correspondence to proper department/unit/officer;
* Registration and dispatch of the outgoing communications, including pouch, and follow-up distribution. Prepares the summary of enclosure forms and necessary documents and maintains the file on pouches received to ensure that all bags are accounted for;
* Ensures cost recovery on Pouch Operations prorating and billing of user agencies.
Assist in managing the UN Housing focusing on the achievement of the following results:
* Preparation of tenancy agreement; announce availability of vacant houses, facilitates inspection of houses by intending tenants, receives complaints from tenants and reports to the supervisor;
* Monitoring of rent payments and payment for utilities;
* Facilitation and maintenance of records on repair of houses and equipment, generator, lawn mower etc.
Impact of Results:
* The key results have an impact on the accurate, safe, cost-effective and timely execution of the CO services.
* Demonstrates commitment to UNDP's mission, vision and values
* Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
* Knowledge Management and Learning
* Shares knowledge and experience
* Provides helpful feedback and advice to others in the office
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
* Demonstrates good IT skills
* Good knowledge of the UNDP Global filing system
* Understanding of UNDP operations procedures
Leadership and Self-Management:
* Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
* Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
* Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
* Responds positively to critical feedback and different points of view
Required Skills and Experience
* Secondary Education.
* 4 years of relevant work experience
* Ability to work with computer and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
* Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Fake job announcements and offers of assistance are in circulation. Scam "artists" want to steal your money!
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, TRAINING OR ANY OTHER FEES).
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.