FTA-Fixed Term Appointment
ILRI vacancy: kitchen attendant
Vacancy Number: KA/FO/01/11
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Duration: 2-year contract renewable
Starting salary: KES 28,500 per month
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI): The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works at the crossroads of livestock and poverty, bringing high-quality livestock science, communications and capacity building to bear on poverty reduction and sustainable development. ILRI is one of 15 centres supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). ILRI has campuses in Kenya (headquarters) and Ethiopia, with other offices located in other regions of Africa (Mali, Mozambique, and Nigeria) as well as in South Asia (India, Sri Lanka), Southeast Asia (Laos, Thailand, and Vietnam) and East Asia (China).
ILRI seeks to recruit a Kitchen Attendant. Reporting to the Food Production Supervisor, the job holder will be required to clean the Kitchen, walls, ceiling and floor and to ensure all utensils and kitchen equipments are clean to the highest level and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Washing, drying and appropriate storage of all Kitchen utensils, pots, pans, etc.
* The daily care and cleaning of floors and vegetable store in accordance with hygiene regulations.
* The weekly care and cleaning of walls, doors and windows in accordance with hygiene regulations.
* Cleaning and subsequent lighting of external barbecue.
* The cleaning of tables and benches used in external canteens.
* Food preparation & services as assigned by the supervisor.
* Collection and delivery of departmental laundry.
* Care and cleaning of ovens and stoves.
* The tidiness and general upkeep of vegetable stores.
* The daily cleaning of cold rooms
* The periodical (2 times per month) cleaning of deepfreeze unit.
* The proper use and safety of any equipment assigned to his/her care.
* Working over weekends as per duty rosters.
Qualifications and Experience
* Certificate in food production
* 1 year relevant work experience
Post location: This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position based at ILRI’s Nairobi campus and is open to Kenyan nationals only.
Duration: The position is on a 2-year contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
Job level and salary: This position is job level 1A and starting salary is KES 28,500 per month. This is exclusive of other benefits provided within ILRI’s National Recruited Staff Scheme.
Applications addressed to the Human Resources Director, a cover letter, curriculum vitae and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience should be emailed.
The position title and reference number “KITCHEN ATTENDANT: KA/FO/01/11” should be clearly marked on the subject line of the email applications. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.