Public Service Commission of Kenya (PSCK)
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the positions shown below.
Deputy Secretary-Eighteen (18) Posts (Department of Provincial Administration and Internal Security)
Salary Scale: KSh.77,527 - KSh.98,947 p.m.(Job Group ‘Q’)
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
(i) served in the grade of Under Secretary/District Commissioner II Job Group ‘P’
for at least three (3) years; and
(ii) shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
NB Possession of a Masters Degree or postgraduate Diploma in any Social Science AND attendance to the Strategic Leadership Development course shall be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
* An officer at this level will be deployed at the Ministry Headquarters.
Specific duties will include:
* co-ordinating Public Service Reforms;
* co-ordinating and drafting briefs, speeches, policy, memoranda, ministerial position and concept papers;
* overseeing implementation of Government policies;
* follow-up actions on Government decisions and directives specific to the Ministry;
* co-ordinating administrative matters, training, development, deployment and promotion of administrative staff;
* co-ordinating performance appraisal for Administrative Staff in the Ministry;
* co-ordinating activities regarding State Corporations and statutory bodies under the Ministry;
* co-ordinating Parliamentary business;
* co-ordinating measures and activities to mitigate against HIV/AIDS;
* promoting integrity and ethical conduct within the Ministry;
* managing and ensuring security of Government assets; and
* co-ordinating various meetings.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications online .
* Serving officers should first register their personal profiles on the Commission’s website before making an application for a job online. Those already registered may edit their profiles as need be.
* Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
* Candidates should NOT attach any copies of academic and professional certificates to the application form. ALL relevant details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
* The Public Service Commission is committed to availing equal employment opportunities to ALL KENYANS.
* Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and testimonials during interviews.
Serving officers will be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post before the interview.