Public Service Commission of Kenya (PSCK)
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the positions shown below.
Vacancies in the Office of the Prime Minister-Ministry of State for Public Service
Senior Executive Secretary-Thirty Six (36) Posts
Salary Scale: KSh.40,835 - KSh.49,636 p.m.(Job Group ‘N’)
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
(i) served satisfactorily in the grade of Executive Secretary Job Group ‘M’ or any
other relevant and comparable position in the Public Service for a minimum
period of three (3) years;
(ii) a Bachelors Degree in Secretarial Studies or a Bachelor of Business and Office
Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized university;
The following qualifications from the Kenya National Examinations Council:
* Shorthand III (minimum 120 w.p.m.)
* Typewriting III (minimum 50 w.p.m.)/Computerized Documents Processing III
* Business English III/Communications II
* Commerce II
* Office Management III/Office Administration and Management III
* Secretarial Duties II;
A Diploma/Higher National Diploma in Secretarial Studies from the Kenya National Examinations Council or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
(iii) attended a Secretarial Management Course at the Kenya Institute of Administration or at any other Government Training Institute;
(iv) a Certificate in Computer Applications (Windows, Ms-Word, Ms-Excel, Ms-Access and Internet) from a recognized institution; and
(v) demonstrated professional competence in management of secretarial services.
Duties and Responsibilities
An officer at this level will be deployed in the office of a Minister, Permanent Secretary/Accounting Officer or a Chief Executive.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
* drafting letters;
* recording dictation in shorthand and transcribing it in typewritten form;
* typing from drafts, manuscripts or recording from dictation machines;
* processing data;
* operating office equipment;
* attending to visitors/clients;
* handling telephone calls and appointments;
* ensuring security of office records, documents and equipment;
* effective management of office protocol and media issues; and
* guiding and supervising secretarial staff in lower grades and also handling issues related to the secretarial cadre in the Ministry/Department.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications online .
* Serving officers should first register their personal profiles on the Commission’s website before making an application for a job online. Those already registered may edit their profiles as need be.
* Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
* Candidates should NOT attach any copies of academic and professional certificates to the application form. ALL relevant details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
* The Public Service Commission is committed to availing equal employment opportunities to ALL KENYANS.
* Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and testimonials during interviews.
Serving officers will be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post before the interview.