FTA-Fixed Term Appointment
UNV Project Administrator/MDGs, Harare, Zimbabwe
Strengthened national capacity to monitor MDGs and Poverty and to formulate and implement pro-poor policies. The project is meant to strengthen the national capacities to track, monitor, report on MDG progress, as well as capacities to coordinate national efforts and support implementation to accelerate achievement of the MDGs.
Under the overall guidance of the Director for Social Services in the Ministry of Labour and day-to-day Supervision by the Deputy Director for Policy and Special Programmes, the MDG Administrator ensures effective delivery of the MDG project and supports project implementation consistent with UNDP rules and regulations, with a particular focus on the development of the MDG Accelerated Action Plan. The MDG Project Administrator will work in collaboration with other support staff in the Department of Social Services in the Ministry and support staff in the UNDP Country Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
Directly support the development and implementation of an MDG Accelerated Action Plan (AAP) for Zimbabwe, focusing on achievement of the following results:
* Manage the process on developing the AAP, according to MAF methodology, including organizing meetings and workshops, liaising and monitoring work of consultants, and ensuring the process follows agreed timeline.
* Ensure that relevant development partners are consulted throughout the process.
* Keep abreast with global MDG Acceleration Framework (MAF) developments and experiences and lessons learned from other countries implementing the MAF, and ensure these are fed into the national process.
Provide effective support to management of the project focusing on the achievement of the following results:
* Ensure efficient and timely preparation and submission of workplans (annual and quarterly), progress report and financial reports.
* Support timely implementation of the workplan and agreed activities, including suggesting and managing any revisions to the workplan mid-year.
* Efficient filling/documentation of project documents, work plans, progress reports, budgets and other implementation documents.
* Effective scheduling, planning and follow up of the MDG Project Board meetings.
* Presentation of project information for audit, including financial reports.
* Maintenance of an expenditure control system and preparation of payments.
* Maintaining a register of project equipment.
Provide administrative support to the Department for Social Services as determined by the Director for Social Services.
Provide support to the facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the Department of Social Services in collaboration with the Senior Technical Adviser.
Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Director for Social Services
* Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN's values and ethical standards.
* Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP and Ministry of Labour and Social Services
* Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office.
* In-depth knowledge on development issues.
* Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
* Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills.
* Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors.
Required Skills and Experience
* University Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related field. Masters Degree would be an advantage.
* Minimum 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in project management, monitoring and evaluation of development projects. Experience in the usage of computers and web based management systems.
* Fluency in written and spoken English.
Please note that you will only be contacted if you are short-listed for this position.
.B. UNDP Zimbabwe reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Zimbabwe at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements.
QUALIFIED AND EXPERIENCED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Fake job announcements and offers of assistance are in circulation. Scam "artists" want to steal your money!
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, TRAINING OR ANY OTHER FEES).
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.