OPPORTUNITY FOR EUROPEAN GRADUATES: JUNIOR GEOLOGICAL ENGINEER (M/F) – ALL COUNTRIES (10015490)
Company : Total E&P
Contract : VIE
Branch : Exploration Production
Location : Worldwide - Worldwide – All Countries
Interviews will take place in : Paris
Starting date : As soon as possible
Salary : UBIFrance rates + Accommodation
Our expansion is opening up a number of VIE positions for geologists in a number of subsidiaries around the world.
As the successful candidate, you will report directly to the Head of the Geological Department at one of our subsidiaries and, depending on the position and on your profile, contribute to the following:
- Synthesising exploration or well data (structural and paleogeographic regional maps, sedimentology analyses, etc.) spanning the oil basin, permits, prospects or fields;
- Geological interpretation of seismic data;
- Contributing to building and updating well geological models;
- Analysing and interpreting well geological data (identifying reservoirs, overburden, source rock, petrophysical variables, pressure, fluids, etc.);
- Running analogous analyses on the field;
- Building and updating geoscience databases;
- Maintaining and running the subsidiarys geographic information system.
Duties will involve liaising and working alongside geophysicists and reservoir engineering.
VIE Positions are available to citizens of the European Economic Area (EU + Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland) aged between 18 and 28. More information regarding the VIE programme (including salary rates) can be found on www.civiweb.com.
A Masters or equivalent 5-year degree in science (from an engineering school or university) majoring in geology
Prior training in petroleum geology would be an advantage
Computer literacy (MS Office, etc.)
Proficiency with geomodelling tools would be an advantage
An open and inquisitive mind
The ability to adjust
Total requires you apply through their e-recruit system-click on "apply for this job" button below or above and this takes you to their e-recruit portal