Kerio Valley Development Authority (KVDA) is a state corporation established by an Act of Parliament Cap 441 of 1979 of the laws of Kenya.
It was established to plan and coordinate the implementation of programmes and projects that transcend administrative boundaries of the districts in North Western part of Kenya.
The Authority seeks to invite applications from suitably qualified individuals for the following positions.
Position: Tourism Officer
* Identification and documentation of tourist attraction sites in the Authority’s area of jurisdiction
* Marketing and Promotion of the Authority as a preferred tourism destination
* Coordination of tourism development activities in line with tourism area plan for the Authority
* Advising the Managing Director on all matters to do with tourism
* Working closely with government and other agencies responsible for tourism development
* Developing tourism proposals for funding
* Developing tourism strategic plans for the Authority
* Developing tourism circuits within the Authority’s area of jurisdiction
* Overseeing the management of the existing accommodation facilities run by the Authority
Qualifications and experience
* Bachelor’s degree in Tourism, Economics or Marketing from a recognized University
* Must have worked in the same field for at least 5 years
* Must be above 30 years of age
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with responsibility of the job and experience of the individual will be offered to the right candidates. All the positions will be on permanent and pensionable terms of service.
Interested candidates should submit their applications indicating the reference number of the job applied for on the envelope with a detailed CV and photocopies of all testimonials, IDs stating their current position, current remuneration level, E-mail, contact address and telephone number and addresses of three referees.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted, canvassing will lead to disqualification.