Secretary to the Resident Representative - Angola Country Office
* Position title: Secretary to the Resident Representative - Angola Country Office
* Grade: NA
* Position N°: NA
* Reference: NA
Duties and responsibilities
Under the direction of the Resident Representative, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
* Time management and scheduling on behalf of the Resident Representative to include effective prioritization and resolving related conflicts and competing demands;
* Manage Resident Representative’s calendar and schedule of meetings;
* Administer the Staff meetings, take minutes of the proceedings and ensure follow-up on agreed actions;
* Independently respond to diverse inquiries and make decisions when multiple courses of action are possible;
* Coordinate and monitor multiple and diverse work processes and activities to ensure that management decisions are properly carried out and products are delivered in a timely manner;
* Ensure quality of documents requiring the Resident Representative’s approval and/or signature;
* Keep others informed by providing relevant information, reports or status updates;
* Draft/finalize correspondence on a range of topics on behalf of the Resident Representative and prepare minutes of meetings;
* Be accountable for the smooth operation of the office work, support work and related systems within the Country Office by organizing and coordinating workflow;
* Monitor media and provide daily briefs for the Resident Representative’s information; and
* Perform any other assignments as requested by the Resident Representative and the management.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
* “A” Level with professional secretarial qualifications; minimum five years of experience in the relevant area;
* Thorough knowledge and use of all relevant computer software, especially MS Office 2007, and the ability to help organize data and information retrieval systems;
* Good interpersonal and verbal communication skills;
* Proven ability to work in effectively in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment and to function effectively as a member of various groups;
* Strong written and verbal communication skills in English; with knowledge of Portuguese an advantage.
Apply for this position
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Only applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are being considered for interview will be contacted. Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online application, and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV). The AfDB President reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.