FSL (Food Security and Livelihood) Programme Manager-(Luo language skills advantageous)
Field - Action Against Hunger
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Mid Level
Please submit only one application.
No phone calls, please. We will contact you via email if we feel your profile fits with a position within our organization.
Please note that the field-based positions listed here are expatriate positions. You cannot apply for an expatriate position in your country of residence or citizenship.
If you wish to work as a national staff please contact the local ACF in your home country.
To manage the ACF Uganda food security and livelihood (FSL) programme on “Combating gender-based violence by enhancing economic empowerment of women in Northern Uganda through cash transfers in Acholiland & Lango sub regions”.
Position Location: Gulu
Postiion Duration:12 months
1. Implementation of the cash based FSL programme enhancing women’s economic empowerment
2. Monitoring and Evaluation of cash programme activities
3. Management of programme team and capacity building
4. Representation of ACF externally in the local humanitarian community.
5. Continuous FSL/ integrated programme development
Objective 1: Implementation of the cash based FSL programme enhancing women’s economic empowerment
• Determine and establish how gender disparities and GBV can be addressed by the cash transfer programme.
• Consistently look for GBV related risks, and set strategies to mitigate those risks, engaging key stakeholders on improved responses to protect women and girls.
• Develop partnerships with local NGOs specialized in GBV to support the above identified necessary changes.
• Define programme implementation modalities (targeting criteria, seasonal timing of transfer and training component, monitoring systems, staff schedules, cash projections, etc.).
• Determine how to support households to realise their FSL priorities through cash-transfers – household mobilisation and targeting, verification, training, household investment plan and facilitation.
• Conduct ongoing analysis of the food security and livelihoods situation in general and in relation to GBV in Lango sub-region.
• Facilitate ongoing ACF analysis and monitoring of programme vulnerability indicators according to donor contract and monitoring frameworks.
Objective 2: Monitoring and Evaluation of cash programme activities
• Conduct regular project monitoring that includes participant eligibility, appropriate use of cash transfers, effectiveness of ACF facilitation, progress toward achieving targets, ability to measure stated indicators, programme adherence to methodology, budget expenditure, etc.
• Develop and maintain programme monitoring, evaluation and reporting system according to ACF and donor standards; ensure consideration of LEARN 2 lessons learned for inclusion into current work.
• Ensure quality and integrity of implementation, including adherence to ACF technical guidelines, administrative systems, and established deadlines.
• Evaluate the relevance and appropriateness of cash transfers in facilitating behavioural change that addresses gender based violence and economic empowerment of women.
• Prepare internal and external reports for ACF and donors, including expenditure plans and sitreps.
• Contribute toward developing and maintaining an integrated surveillance system for all ACF Uganda programme areas.
Objective 3: Management of programme team and capacity building
• Provide ongoing supervision, leadership, training and technical support, and guidance and management to national staff.
• Ensure programme staff knows and adheres to best-practice principles when working with beneficiaries.
• Hold regular meetings with programme staff to discuss challenges, problems, accomplishments, and assist in finding solutions to problems identified.
• Facilitate staff recruitment and ongoing capacity building; identify staff and stakeholder training needs; conduct regular performance evaluations and recommend capacity building elements for the various team members.
Objective 4: Representation of ACF externally in the local humanitarian community
• Act as a link between different FSL actors in Lango sub-region through coordination, representation, and information sharing.
• Nurture the nascent partnership established with rural micro finance institutions.
• Ensure ongoing dialogues with local government authorities, NGOs, UN agencies and other stakeholders.
• Actively participate in district level Food Security and Agricultural Livelihood cluster meetings and other relevant humanitarian coordination forums.
• Ensure that relevant stakeholders in Lango sub-region have a clear understanding of ACF charter, background, programme objectives, and activities in the field.
Objective 5: Continuous FSL/ integrated programme development
• Increase programmatic integration with ACF nutrition and WASH (water, sanitation, hygiene) departments, based on analysis of underlying causes of malnutrition and GBV, poor WASH practices, and their relation with FSL.
• Contribute to developing concept papers and proposals for prospective donors.
• Participate in updates of the ACF Uganda food security and livelihood strategy, in addition to the larger country strategy to which it contributes.
• Identify opportunities for deeper assessment, applied research, or publication related to the cash transfer programmes and GBV.
Education and Desired Skill Profile:
1. Post-graduate degree in anthropology, rural development, socio- economics or related discipline
2. Meaningful work experience in food security, livelihoods, assessments, gender analysis, and M&E.
3. Experience at similar level of managerial responsibility (budget and HR)
4. Experience in Sub-Saharan African context, preferably post-conflict livelihood recovery
5. Working knowledge of donor guidelines and procedures (proposals, reports, logical frameworks)
6. Proficiency in written and spoken English; (Luo language skills advantageous)
7. Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook,)
8. Knowledge and experience in the application of project cycle management, qualitative and quantitative data analysis, analytical report writing, participatory fieldwork methodologies
9. Proficiency in data analysis software, e.g. Sphinx, Excel, Access, SPSS.
10. Experience in training and organisational capacity building
11. Experience in representation and networking
12. Proficiency in organization and time management
13. Experience in human resource management
14. Ability to function effectively within a multicultural team and international organisation
15. Ability to establish priorities, respect deadlines, and work both collaboratively and independently
Humour, patience, leadership, facilitation, diplomacy, creativity, vision, and tact
PLEASE GO TO http://www.actionagainsthunger.org/about/employment/job-opportunities TO SUBMIT YOUR CV