FTA-Fixed Term Appointment
000 - $20
The mission of WHO is the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health.
Vacancy Notice No: EMRO/11/FT4
Title: National Professional Officer (Human Resources Capacity Building) - Position no.326220
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Duration of contract: Post of limited duration (Two years)
Currently accepting applications
Duty Station: Mogadishu Somalia
Organization unit: EM_SOM WHO Representative's Office, Somalia (EM_SOM) /
EM_SOO Sub-Office, Mogadishu (EM_SOO)
AIDS & Sexually Transmitted Diseases (ASD)/ Division of Communicable Diseases (DCD)
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME :
To optimize WHO technical advice and policy support to health authorities in Somalia.
Description of duties:
Purpose of the post:
To provide technical capacity building and assistance to the Integrated Prevention Treatment, Care and Support (IPTCS) and Antiretroviral therapy (ART) programmes.
In close collaboration with the Ministry of Health, WHO Somalia coordinates and supports training and supervision of health service providers in the area of integrated prevention, treatment, care and support and antiretroviral therapy in Somalia. As member of the WHO HIV Team, the National Professional Officer (Human Resources Capacity Building) will be responsible to coordinate the capacity building efforts of partners and stakeholders and will provide direct support to the technical capacity building.
Summary of Assigned Duties:
Under the direct supervision of the HIV Medical Officer and general guidance of the WHO Representative (WR) in Somalia with technical direction from ASD, Eastern Mediterranean Regional Office (EMRO), the incumbent will implement the efforts of WHO, working in association with partners, in providing technical and other support to Ministry of Health and partners in planning, implementing and monitoring interventions to improve the HIV response in line with set objectives and standards. The incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Review the tools for qualitative and quantitative assessment of human resource capacity building and reach consensus on the tools with national authorities.
2. Conduct the assessment of IPTCS sites, in terms of human resources, infrastructure, supplies, services and environment and assess the readiness of additional sites in Puntland for the provision of IPTCS services.
3. Conduct quarterly supportive supervisory visits to the IPTCS sites and prepare quarterly reports.
4. Assist in the development of norms and standards on HIV testing and counseling, HIV care and treatment, pediatric HIV care, PMTCT, TB/HIV collaborative activities, blood safety and standard precautions, and facilitate the organization of related trainings.
5. Contribute and assist in the preparation of the training materials, organize, provide and conduct the training on human resource capacity building activities in Puntland.
University degree in Medicine.
Post graduate training in public health or other relevant fields as well as clinical training in HIV/AIDS treatment and care.
1. Producing results.
2. Fostering integration and teamwork.
3. Building and promoting partnership across and beyond the organization.
4. Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences.
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to work in a multi-partner field of work.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural context.
- Ability to coordinate and manage work between various actors.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good knowledge of HIV/AIDS/STI prevention, treatment and care practices.
At least one year experience in HIV/AIDS planning, implementation and programme management at national level.
- At least five years experience in the field of public health.
- Working experience in complex emergency situations.
Excellent knowledge of English and local language.
POST IS OPEN FOR LOCAL RECRUITMENT ONLY. APPLICANTS MUST BE NATIONAL OF THE COUNTRY OF ASSIGNMENT. Applicants are kindly requested to pay attention to the screening questions as they will be used to screen out unqualified candidates. Only qualified applicants with the relevant experience will be considered. A written test/presentation and interviews will be used as a form of screening. The written test might be used as an eliminatory tool. Other similar positions at the same level may be filled from this vacancy notice. Candidates will be interviewed using a competency-based approach.
Annual salary: (Net of tax)
USD 14,861,- at single rate
A written test and interviews may be used as a form of screening
The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
All applicants are encouraged to apply online as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the vacancy announcement.
WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual. Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
Currently accepting applications