He/she analyzes and interprets the financial rules and regulations and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex issues related to procurement. The Procurement Analyst promotes a collaborative client-focused quality and results-oriented approach in the Unit.
The Procurement Analyst works in close collaboration with the Management Support and Business Development Operations Programme and project teams in the CO UNDP HQs staff and Government officials to successfully deliver procurement services.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensures elaboration and implementation of operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
* Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules regulations policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
* CO Procurement Business Process mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement control of the workflows in the Procurement Unit.
* Analysis of requirements and synthesis of proposals for cost saving and reduction strategies.
* Synthesis of proposals and implementation of contract strategy in the CO including tendering processes and evaluation contractor appraisal managing the contract and contractor legal considerations and payment conditions risk assessment.
* Implementation of the strategic procurement in the CO including sourcing strategy supplier selection and evaluation quality management customer relationship management e-procurement introduction and promotion performance measurement.
2. Manages and guides procurement processes for CO projects UN House and at the request of other Agencies focusing on achievement of the following results:
* Timely and duly preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects and monitoring of their implementation.
* Implementation of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ ITB or RFP receipt of quotations bids or proposals their evaluation negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations.
* Review and certify submissions to the Contract Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP).
* Management of procurement contracts and upon delegation of responsibility performing the functions of Manager Level 1 in Atlas for Purchase Orders approval.
* Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase Orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other Agencies.
* Implementation of harmonized procurement services analysis of requirements and elaboration of proposals on common services expansion in the UN House introduction of joint procurement for the UN Agencies in line with the UN reform.
3. Ensures introduction and implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools focusing on achievement of the following results:
* Development and management of the rosters of suppliers elaboration of supplier selection and evalalution quality and performance management meachanisms.
* Management of e-procurement module.
4. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
* Organization of trainings for the operations/projects staff on Procurement.
* Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement.
* Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
* Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN's values and ethical standards
* Promotes the vision mission and strategic goals of UNDP
* Displays cultural gender religion race nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
* Treats all people fairly without favoritism
Knowledge Management and Learning
* Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office
* In-depth knowledge on development issues
* Ability to advocate and provide policy advice
* Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
* Ability to analyse procurement service requirements
* Ability to lead procurement processes using specific procurement methods (RFQ ITB RFP)
* Ability to apply organizational policies and procedures
* Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side) and affect staff behavioural/attitudinal change
* Strong analytical skills
Management and Leadership
* Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds pocitively to feedback
* Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills
* Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive constructive attitude
* Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
* Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors
* Remains calm in control and good humored even under pressure
* Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Required Skills and Experience
* Master's Degree or equivalent in Business Administration Public Administration Finance Economics or related field.
* Procurement Certification or Procurement related training.
* 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in procurement management. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word Excel etc) and advance knowledge of web based management systems.
* Fluency in English.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.