Manager-Assurance - CAS00006
Manage his or her audit group / business unit in an efficient manner, minimising the level of debtors and work in progress in the portfolio and maximising fee opportunities. Identify and convert all sales opportunities for Audit and other service lines. Manage risk to the firm by adhering to the risk management policies and procedures.
Your client responsibilities:
* Deliver value to the client by providing knowledge, ideas and solutions for improving the business, assess legal implications.
* Secure and enhance relationships with senior client management.
* Assign teams that will meet and exceed the clients’ expectations in standards of service and client care.
* Develop and maintain an appropriate external network of business contacts.
* Demonstrate professionalism and competence in all interactions with the client.
* Ensure engagements are executed in accordance with the firm’s methodologies and guidance, professional standards, and local legal and regulatory requirements.
* Ensure the technical correctness and presentational standard of all client deliverables.
* Approve engagement budgets and agree fees, where appropriate.
* Lead and coordinate the planning and management of assignments in an effective and efficient manner.
* Manage the delivery of other services to designated clients, where appropriate.
* Liaise with other service lines and other audit managers to ensure efficient utilisation of knowledge and resources to deliver services.
Your people responsibilities - as a manager you will:
* Counsel, coach and mentor staff.
* Appraise staff in a constructive and timely manner and ensure all team members do the same.
* Manage the execution of the Professional Development Plans of his or her people to build their careers.
* Ensure that the engagement partner is informed about important audit or accounting issues on a timely basis.
We are looking for the candidates with the following:
* Experience - at least four years of post qualification experience (Big four preferred)
* Qualification - Internationally recognised qualification i.e. CA, ACCA, CPA, is a must
You will need to:
* Embrace and Lead Change - Take a lead role in helping colleagues see the need for change by addressing the fundamental improvements they will help bring about .
* Motivate Others/ Promote Teamwork - Encourage an open exchange of ideas and opinions among peers. Give public praise and recognition where it is due. Encourage participation from all team members
* Provide Advice and Resolve Issues - Give an accurate assessment of current issues and future opportunities. Break problems down. Solve problems without recourse to others.
* Focus on the Client - Anticipate what clients will want. Demonstrate the value of the team's work. Analyze client needs beyond own responsibilities. Ask questions that generate insights into the business drivers for our clients.
* Plan and Deliver Work - Set up full project plans rapidly for small project teams. Monitor teams' progress and regularly update stakeholders. Use the right project tools.
Who we are
At Ernst & Young, we support you in achieving your unique potential wherever you are in the world — both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world’s most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal life. At Ernst & Young, we know it’s your point of view, energy and enthusiasm that make the difference.
Assurance gives organizations and their investors the confidence that the results they report give a true and fair picture of their business. As an assurance professional at Ernst & Young, you’ll work in a high-performing and inclusive environment that offers you great opportunities to develop an interesting and fulfilling career, wherever you are in the world. You will work in multi-disciplinary teams to handle complex issues and resolve challenges for leading companies. We’ll support you in your professional development so you achieve your potential. At Ernst & Young, we know it’s your point of view, energy and enthusiasm that make the difference.