Chief of Party, Ghana Food Security Project
I. TechnoServe Background
TechnoServe is an international, non-profit economic development organization founded in 1968. We believe in the power of poor people to claim a better life for themselves, their families and their communities if they are presented with the right skills, tools and information. We work with farmers and entrepreneurs in 25 countries around the world to provide information, training and market access. Much of our work is in agriculture, enhancing farm productivity and commodity quality and addressing gaps in processing and other agribusiness capacities. TechnoServe also help entrepreneurs get their businesses off the ground through leadership mentoring networks, access to capital and development of sustainable business services such as accounting, finance, marketing and human resource management.
II. Program Description
TechnoServe seeks a Chief of Party (COP) to provide long-term technical assistance for a potential agriculture/natural resource management and food security program in Ghana. The program will aim to increase the competitiveness of various agricultural sectors, improve natural resource management, promote sustainable farming practices, and assist beneficiaries (especially women) to diversify their incomes and diet.
III. Position Description
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Providing overall strategic guidance, leadership, management and general technical oversight of the entire program, with a strong focus on achieving defined results
• The COP shall act as the key liaison between USAID/ and all other counterparts, implementing partners, and stakeholders involved with the program
• The position requires significant coordination skills; a strong entrepreneurial and innovative approach; managerial and technical knowledge; experience in developing countries
IV. Required Skills and Experience
• Advanced degree in Agricultural Economics, Business Administration, or other relevant degree
• Prior USAID COP experience, preferably in Africa
• At least 15 years of experience in relevant programs, with a minimum of five years of managing USAID programs
• Demonstrated enthusiasm for and proven ability to plan, resource, and manage interdisciplinary, evidence-based program development in collaboration with international and local research partners
• Strong private sector market orientation, entrepreneurial and innovative thinker
• Strong leadership/management experience with an international development contractor or international NGO, as a manager of programs
• Strong leadership skills and demonstrated experience in managing complex, multi-disciplinary, and challenging field operations in developing countries, Africa preferred
• Demonstrated skills in problem solving, consensus building, and coordination of diverse stakeholders
• Strong candidates will have knowledge of USAID regulations and procedures
• Proven record in thought leadership in market-led approaches to agriculture development, value chain development, nutrition/food security
TechnoServe is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
AJS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND AJS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS. SOME EMPLOYERS MAY ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR APPLICATION.