Job Title Brand Manager Johnnie Walker Black Label and other House of Walker
Type of Job Full Time
Country South Africa
External Job Description
Purpose of Role
To deliver breakthrough business performance on Johnnie Walker Black Label while building the equity and future value of the brand.
To develop a breakthrough strategy and plan for JWBL that supports the whisky strategy and the breakthrough ambition of 1 million EUs by 2015 on Johnnie Walker.
This role will also assume joint accountability for the growth and development of the ABM and Graduate Trainee to ensure a continuous pipeline of great marketing talent.
1. Development of the Johnnie Walker Black Label brand strategy in alignment with the whisky strategy. This includes leading the annual GAME Plan as well as the annual Pricing Strategy.
2. Development and implementation of insight based activity to achieve long-term sustained growth. This incorporates the development, implementation and evaluation of strong creative campaigns and communication channel strategies for the brand ensuring optimal investment of A&P resources to deliver business results for the brand.
3. Translating brand strategy into 6 Quarter activity planning (18 month planning) outlining activity by channel.
4. Driving the highest standards of execution for the brand. Ensuring excellence in the development and execution of brand strategy, commercialisation, communication and activation strategies.
5. Development of brand innovation & renovation plans in relation to the Navigate process, including line extensions, working with innovation project managers and the global brand teams to deliver timeously.
6. Ownership and monitoring of holistic brand performance, initiating interventions where necessary. This will require the tracking of consumer and commercial business performance on a regular basis including P&L management, consumer tracking and share tracking. Ensure M&E is a core component of the brand strategy and plan.
7. Building strong relationships with external partners and stakeholders specifically brand owners, media, advertising, RM/ digital, PR, promoter and specialist agencies. Be the GBT point of contact in market and manage timeous and accurate deliverables and build great relationships with them.
8. Building strong internal cross functional relationships with Commercial, Supply Chain and Business Support. Be the key brand consult for Customer Marketing in briefing BTL activity to ensure brand objectives are met.
9. Representation of the brand internally building passion, belief and pride.
10. Assisting and supporting the Marketing Manager on key projects as required.
11. This role will also assume joint accountability for the growth and development of the ABM and possible Graduate Trainee to ensure a continuous pipeline of great marketing talent.
Qualifications and Experience Required
· Appropriate tertiary marketing qualification – degree / diploma.
· Post graduate degree an advantage.
· Computer literacy: Word, Excel, Power-point, MS Project
· High cognitive ability.
· Minimum of 5 - 6 years Brand Management experience with previously demonstrated success within this environment.
· Experience working with and successfully managing agencies / strategic partner relationships.
· Demonstrated success in a demanding, complex business environment.
· Strategic penetration: minimum requirement is developing
· Consumer insight: minimum requirement is developing
· Motivating and inspiring agencies and cross-functional teams: developing
· Marketing judgement: minimum requirement is developing
· Commerciality: minimum requirement is developing
· Excellence in execution: minimum requirement is experienced
· Portfolio profitability: minimum requirement is baseline
· Innovation: minimum requirement is baseline
Please note the following:
* Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
AJS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND AJS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.
SOME EMPLOYERS MAY ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF YOUR APPLICATION.