Job Title Assistant Brand Manager Spirits
Type of Job Full Time
Country South Africa
External Job Description
Purpose of Role
To assist the Brand Managers and Marketing Manager in building strong profitable brands which consumers adore and our customer’s champion. This role will be accountable for delivering key projects which contribute to the overall performance of the brands.
1. Assist in the development of the brand strategy in alignment with the role of the brand in the spirits portfolio. This includes working on the annual GAME Plan as well as the annual Pricing Strategy plan.
2. Assist in the development and implementation of insight based activity to achieve long-term sustained growth. This incorporates the use of global campaigns and platforms and local adaptations when needed and the evaluation of campaigns and communication channel strategies for the brand ensuring optimal investment of A&P resources to deliver business results for the brand
3. Assist in translating brand strategy into 6 Quarter activity planning (18 month planning) outlining activity by channel.
4. Driving the highest standards of execution for the brand. Ensuring excellence in the development and execution of assigned projects.
5. Assist in monitoring of holistic brand performance, initiating interventions where necessary. This will require the tracking of consumer and commercial business performance on a regular basis including P&L management, A&P control, consumer tracking and share tracking. Ensure M&E is a core component of the brand strategy and plan.
6. Building strong relationships with external partners and stakeholders specifically brand owners, media, advertising, RM/ digital, PR, promoter and specialist agencies.
7. Building strong internal cross functional relationships with Commercial, Supply Chain and Business Support.
8. Representation of the brand internally building passion, belief and pride.
9. Assisting and supporting the Marketing Manager and Brand Managers on key projects as required. This will include a broad spectrum of projects to ensure optimal development opportunities.
Qualifications and Experience Required
· Appropriate tertiary marketing qualification – degree / diploma.
· Post graduate degree an advantage.
· Computer literacy: Word, Excel, Power-point, MS Project
· High cognitive ability.
· Minimum of 2 years commercial working experience with previously demonstrated success within this environment..
· Demonstrated success in a demanding, complex business environment
· Strategic penetration: minimum requirement is baseline
· Consumer insight: minimum requirement is baseline
· Motivating and inspiring agencies and cross-functional teams: baseline
· Marketing judgement: minimum requirement is baseline
· Commerciality: minimum requirement is baseline
· Excellence in execution: minimum requirement is baseline
· Portfolio profitability: minimum requirement is baseline
· Innovation: minimum requirement is baseline
Please note the following:
* Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
AJS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND AJS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.
SOME EMPLOYERS MAY ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF YOUR APPLICATION.