Chief of Party, Zambia
Since 1963 and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 93 projects in 40 countries and revenues of $124 million.
Chief of Party, Zambia
We are currently seeking a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded Production, Finance and Improved Technology (PROFIT+) project based in Zambia. PROFIT+ is designed to increase food security and incomes for smallholder farmers by increasing agricultural productivity and market linkages in select value chains (most notably maize, groundnuts and horticulture). To achieve this overarching objective, the project will focus on enhancing input-supply with output markets, promoting value-added rural enterprises linked to selected value chains, and ensuring that women fully benefit from value chain development.
• Provide technical leadership in one or more key areas of focus for the program, as listed above
• Oversee all consultants and project staff
• Ensure quality control and timeliness of all deliverables
• Prepare and review work plans, progress reports and financial, logistical and other documents
• Serve as principal liaison with USAID staff, institutions and client country partners to exchange information and develop professional relationships
• Make verbal or written presentations as requested by the COTR to various audiences
• M.S., M.B.A., or other post-graduate degree in a relevant technical field
• Minimum of 15 years of relevant and progressive work experience in Zambia or other regions of Africa with a similar development context
• At least 10 years of progressively responsible supervisory work experience, preferably on USAID-funded projects of similar size and scope
• Excellent communication and reporting skills
• Fluency in English required.
Please apply online. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.
AJS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND AJS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.
SOME EMPLOYERS MAY ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF YOUR APPLICATION.