Construction Manager/Deputy Chief of Party
Location: Monrovia, Liberia
Core Sector: Infrastructure
Experience Level: Call for Resumes
International Relief and Development (IRD) is a non-profit organization specializing in international development and humanitarian assistance. IRD’s mission is to reduce the suffering of the world’s most vulnerable groups and provide tools and resources needed to increase their self-sufficiency.
IRD is expanding its global presence, and in preparation for this growth we are collecting resumes to build a strong candidate pool for possible job openings in the near future. IRD is seeking Construction Manager/Deputy Chief of Party candidates for Liberia.
The Construction Manager (DCOP) will provide overall management and general technical direction of the entire program. S/he will serve as a representative to the program, liaising with the donor as well as Government and other partners. This position will be responsible for the program achieving target results, and will identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments. This position is contingent on funding and will be based in Liberia
Required Skills & Experience
• A minimum of 8-10 years as a senior manager of large scale international donor technical assistance projects, with prior Technical expertise in the area of rural roads construction.
• Recognized ability to establish strong working relationships with officials at all relevant levels of host country governments and with international institutions/other donors.
• Prior experience managing complex, multi-faceted donor projects.
• Proficiency in program management, utilizing analytical, program design, and M&E tools to achieve results.
• Demonstrated leadership in using market facilitation principles and in building the capacity of local staff and partners.
• Experience working in Liberia and/or West Africa.
• Fluency in English.
Preferred Skills & Experience
• Experience as a Deputy Chief of Party or Deputy Project Manager.
• Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
AJS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND AJS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.
SOME EMPLOYERS MAY ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF YOUR APPLICATION.