EMMS Operations Sr. Advisor
Job ID 1937
Job Category International Call Centers
Work Location Giza-Egypt
Employment Type Full Time - Permanent
Shift Based Yes
Acts as 2nd Line Support to enterprise end users through the customer’s 1st Line Support Helpdesk (Local, Regional, or Global Helpdesk) based on Helpdesk to Helpdesk Support Model providing Service Desk functionalities (Authorization Management, Service Request Management, Incident Management, Inventory Management, Service Level Management, Relationship Management, and Problem Management) by managing deliverables in a timely fashion with the best possible quality through integrated 3rd Level of Support (OpCo, Partner, Affiliate, 3rd Party Supplier) and other ad-hoc tasks as dictated by business needs.
Essence of Role/Key Accountabilities
Receive requests/incidents via managing different communication channels (Remedy, VGECO, Email, and Phone)
Authorizes sender/caller against Authorized List DB with Validation Procedures
Direct and Report unauthorized communications to corresponding Authorized Contacts
Submit requests for adding/removing/updating authorized contacts to correct internal team
Act as Single Point Of Contact with 24/7 Support for Global Enterprises’ Help Desks (Local, Regional, or Global Helpdesks) in 75+ Countries
Validate requests/incidents against agreed templates to ensure high quality details submitted to next level of support
Acknowledge requests/incidents within agreed Response Time
Act as Single Point Of Contact with 40+ OPA Networks all over the world (OpCo, Partner, and Affiliate) in addition to 3rd Party Suppliers
Identify Requests/Incidents and submit to correct support group
Manage resolutions received from next level of support ensuring clear and high quality communications back to customer
Initiate Problem Management process once one of the triggers is detected
Manage Problem tickets with liaising with assigned Problem Owner to ensure getting timely updates and communicating back to customer point of contact
Ensure Problem Report completion by Problem Owner and proper closure of problem
Maintain professional communication between different stakeholders considering diversity of cultures from 75+ different countries
Maintain good relation between GESC and different support groups with the presence Service Level Management
Maintain good level of knowledge of all different bespoke process/procedure agreed with customer/support groups
Know how to get the most updated information and refer to correct documents
Make sure to always be up to date with all the changes in different processes/procedures as they occur
Follow up on open incidents/requests according to the agreed milestones
Make sure of contacting correct and relevant Point of Escalation
Know when escalations are not needed
Report any abnormal trend in performance of our next level of support to GESC Management
Manage next level of support’s performance to avoid breaching target SLA
Update Inventory DB with requests fulfillment info provided by OPA
Provide Inventory Reports as requested by Customer or Service Management team
Provide 2nd line technical support for different managed services provided which are BlackBerry Services (BB) , Microsoft Business Productivity Online Services (BPOS), and Mobile Synchronization Services (MSS) for iPhone/iPad
Know the size of the Global Enterprises that VGE is dealing with
Realize the difference between the highest Customer Care in local market and the required level of customer service for Global Enterprises authorized contacts
Understand impact of any small mistake and cost implications (e.g. Penalties)
Provide best quality to our customers and show the value added value of having our service
Role Dimension: Financial (limits/mandates), Non-Financial (customers/staff/stakeholders)
• Does this person manage a budget?
• □ NO
• If Yes how much? Nil
• Does this person generate revenue?
• □ NO
• If Yes how much?
• Nil Key interfaces:
• Global Enterprise customers’ Helpdesks
• Technical Support/Operations teams in 45+ Vodafone OpCos, Partners & Affiliates.
• Works with senior level stakeholders (Global Enterprise customer segment, VIP customers, Global Service Managers, Regional Service Managers)
• Customer facing position focusing on 1st class support at all times
• Works as part of a geographically dispersed, international team
• Works with all local country service functions (billing, reporting, network ops, etc) for Global Enterprises’ Help Desks in 75+ Countries
• 24 x 7 shift and weekend working involved
Person Specification: Technical Skills/Professional Expertise
• Minimum of 4 years experience of working in diverse teams of technical and service-oriented nature.
• Fluent English
• 2nd Language with good command is a good plus (Spanish, Japanese, French, Portuguese, Italian...).
• Good knowledge of different managed services (i.e. BB, iPhone, and iPad)
• Ability to acquire knowledge and investigate for information
• Previous experience within a service desk and customer service environment
• Excellent communication Skills
• Proficiency in using MS Office application.
• Share knowledge with colleagues and the immediate departments.
• Team player, ability to work in an international and virtual team environment.
• Sound knowledge of Vodafone Global Enterprise products & services.
• ITIL management framework knowledge with regard to the Service Support and Service Delivery sets
• ITIL Certified is a plus
• General understanding of the wireless network and its components, (GSM/GPRS/3G/HLR) preferable.
• A strong desire to pursue industry accreditation as part of a continued drive training and development.
• Good analytical skills
• Ability to perform in dynamic, high-growth & high-uncertainty environments
• Ability to provide services to international and distributed virtual teams
• Team player, strong influence and relationship management skills
• A self-starter with a determination to succeed, balanced with appropriate tact and diplomacy
• Strong communication and decision making skills – ability to balance conflicting interests
Number of direct Subordinates
Direct Manager (title)
AJS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND AJS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.
SOME EMPLOYERS MAY ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF YOUR APPLICATION.