Microsoft SQL 2nd line support engineer
Job ID 1544
Full Time - Permanent
To operate and provide a second line support service to the VF Tube and VAS platforms on the application level to meet the expected availability and performance.
Essence of Role/Key Accountabilities
1. Technical Operation 1. Manage the platform backend servers.
2. Ensure to meet the systems availability for all the backend systems excluding planned outage.
3. Follow-up on the daily health checks and fix problems once they appear on a server.
4. Insure to solve assigned Trouble Tickets (TTS) for the supported systems within SLA.
5. Clear notification for any production problems - IR report
6. Escalate and communicate raised issues from Vodafone OpCos to the 3rd line of support.
7. Keep up to date with the new product versions and new releases.
8. Transfer the knowledge to the first line of support.
9. Transfer the knowledge to the new comers in the second line support team.
10. Ensure to use the pre production environment for testing activities before launching a new service.
11. Ensure to maintain the preproduction environment similar to the production platform.
12. Ensure to maintain the preproduction environment availability for all the backend systems excluding planned outage.
13. Manage installing and upgrading software. This includes the deployment of new shipments
2. KPI’s 1. Number of Trouble tickets closed verses Number of Trouble tickets assigned.
2. Number of Trouble tickets closed successfully verses Number of Trouble tickets closed.
3. Number of trouble tickets closed according to the SLA.
4. Ensure to meet the systems availability for all the backend systems excluding planned outage.
3. Projects Support 1. Managing all the projects related to operation of the platform
4. Customers’ management 1. Contribute in developing the service level agreement
2. Meet with customers at management and professional level on weekly bases; track complaints, requirements and report.
5. Crisis Management & Escalations 1. Managing any crisis related to the system
2. Escalate to vendor and management when needed
3. Follow the crisis management process
6. Communication 1. Notify & escalate status to the Share Point 2nd line support Sr. supervisor
2. Communicate with cross functional groups and committees as required to handle cross projects or issues
Role Dimension: Financial (limits/mandates), Non-Financial (customers/staff/stakeholders)
§ Willing to work according to the German calendar in terms of the week ends and the public holidays according to the shift schedule
§ Be involved in an on-call schedule to provide 24/7 support
§ Willing to travel outside Egypt if required
Person Specification: Technical Skills/Professional Expertise
BSC in Engineering or Computer Science
Minimum 4 years IT working experience in Microsoft SQL DBA.
MCITP: Database Administrator 2008 certificate or MCITP: Database Administrator for Microsoft SQL Server 2005 is mandatory
MCITP: Enterprise Administrator for Windows Server 2008 certificate is mandatory
Knowledge of the following is mandatory: Windows Media Server, Streaming protocols (multicasting, Unicasting), MySQL, load balancing, and SSO solutions
Knowledge of the following is preferred: installing and administering Tomcat Servlet Engine, mobile devices like BlackBerry; Pocket PC; and iPhone, and general knowledge of mobile communications (public APN, private APN, SMSC...)
Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or 2008 is mandatory
Experience with Microsoft Cluster is mandatory
Web App architecture is mandatory
General applications operational skills (troubleshooting, scripting) is mandatory
CCNA certification is preferred
Dedication, sense of ownership
Ability to work in teams
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Must be team oriented
Must have technical support experience via the phone and via direct customer facing
Must have systems support experience, preferably in a large production environment
Experience in working with professionals from other cultures
Excellent spoken and written English
Number of direct Subordinates
Direct Manager (title)
AJS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND AJS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.
SOME EMPLOYERS MAY ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF YOUR APPLICATION.