Unix Global IT Support Engineer
Job ID 1619
Full Time - Permanent
• Enterprise Web Applications include Enterprise intranet portal, Document Management system, Online Surveys, Microsoft SharePoint, RSA SSO, EMC eRooms, Wiki/Blogs, Vodafone DNS, IDM.
Essence of Role/Key Accountabilities
• Maintaining the availability of the applications and their hosted servers (on both UNIX and Windows platforms)
• Troubleshooting and fixing database related issues.
• Executing change requests for DNS records for Vodafone domains.
• Executing standard requests for database operations
• Handling all user access managements requests and incidents on Active directory for different domains
• Performing all possible technical troubleshooting steps to solve the problems and service requests
• Managing all system components including apache, IIS, and tomcat.
• Checking the replication of user accounts and their profiles between local active directory and Central authentication system (SSO) and finally the provisioning to the different web applications
• Solving the user/groups access issues the different sections on the applications
• Providing technical and functional support to the local web administrators for adding or modifying the web contents (pages, portlets, and content items).
• Troubleshooting & facilitating the Infrastructure and connectivity issues remotely for the countries (DNS,Proxy, Firewalls)
• Utilizing the existing team applications and tools (knowledge base, Documentation database, Handbook) to solve the incidents
• consulting with deployment teams in Germany as appropriate
• Ensure that the technical solution and root cause are clear and logic
• Prioritizing and managing several open cases at one time based on agreed Service Levels.
• Ensure that all incidents are solved within the agreed SLA
• Update the technical documentation and the team knowledge base.
Role Dimension: Financial (limits/mandates), Non-Financial (customers/staff/stakeholders).
Person Specification: Technical Skills/Professional Expertise
Qualification / Experience:
• Bachelor of computer science / engineering
• 3 / 4 years Unix Support, system administration, web/software development experience
• ITIL Foundation background.
• PC Knowledge:
• Working knowledge with client web browsers like Internet Explorer and Fire Fox
• Windows 2000, Windows XP support, Microsoft office
• UNIX/Linux administration
• Working experience in SQL databases
• Technical knowledge in IT infrastructure technologies (DNS, Proxy) and connectivity techniques
• Hands-on experiences on Microsoft Active Directory directory service
• hands-on experiences working on web applications
• hands-on experiences on Microsoft SharePoint is highly preferable
• Software or Web development skills are plus.
• Remedy background is a plus
• ITIL Foundation certification is a plus.
• Strong Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Strong Conversational English skill both oral and written
• Very good analytical thinking skills
• Handling multi-tasks
Business and Managerial skills:
• Understanding of the communications web methodologies
• Good communication skills specially in a multicultural environment
• Working under stress, Dynamic and Customer oriented
• Decision making ski
Number of direct Subordinates
Direct Manager (title)
AJS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND AJS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.
SOME EMPLOYERS MAY ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF YOUR APPLICATION