Sales Finance Accountant
SM/Sales Finance Accountant/GautengInd/10.08.11/1
Sales Finance Accountant
Sales Finance Manager - Gauteng
Oversee and manage the day to day finance operations in the Sale Regions and DSS (Direct Store Sales) depots.
Provide timely and proactive financial analysis and recommendations to enable marketing management to develop and execute effective plans and take informed decisions.
Be the custodian of trading terms and credit to retailers, as well as ensure an effective internal control environment in DSS regions/depots.
Support on going financial analysis.
Assist in building strong financial and commercial awareness within Marketing.
• To manage the day to day DSS finance (credit and cash sales) operations within the sales region:
• Assuming custodianship of credit guidelines to retailers, to ensure credit processes, credit management, trading terms, and authority limits are in line with the retailer credit guidelines.
• To provide Marketing and Finance Management with a monthly dashboard report showing Key Performance Indicators on Marketing plans and initiatives, to facilitate effective decision making and improve efficiency and effectiveness of spend at the DSS level.
• To assist marketing management with the development and implementation of practical operating procedures (cash, stock, and debtor management) to ensure that a high level of internal control exists both within the DSS Operations, and where appropriate, within external parties working on our behalf. This includes ensuring proper control, segregation of key duties and process documentation.
• To assist the Sales Finance Manager in performing financial analysis for credit sales, outstanding debtors, and trading terms to improve efficiency and effectiveness of spend at the DSS level
• Support Field Force with volume management during price increases
• Support Field Force with Representatives Stock management processes and procedures
• Prepare, submit and manage regional marketing budget, and to provide accurate and timely financial information (e.g. budget monitoring, appropriate cost allocations, DSS profitability, debtors performance) to help marketing management monitor ongoing performance
• To lead and develop the sales finance operational team
• To increase the level of financial and commercial awareness within the DSS Operations by educating DSS marketing managers to raise the level of objectivity behind marketing decisions
• To participate in the Regional Marketing decision making process, bringing financial / business focus to marketing activities as well as Marketing function focus to financial issues
• To build effective relationships cross functionally with head office Finance, DSS Operational team within the region, Regional Manager, Shared Services.
• To continuously support and contribute to the development and design of new processes or improvements in existing operational processes, with the purpose of driving efficiencies and effectiveness
Ability to articulate financial concepts in operational/commercial terms to ensure that an entrepreneurial approach is adopted by marketing managers.
Provide effective management tools and information to enable marketing managers to improve value for money of marketing investment as demonstrated by improved brand profitability and trade profitability.
Implementation and use of financial information and tools in marketing to support business decisions.
Effective working relationship with Marketing Management
The complexity and subjectivity of marketing requires an individual with proven potential, and strong management and interpersonal skills. Effective leader of new initiatives and teams. Excellent communication and motivator of change. Proactive, persuasive and creative as the job holder will be introducing new systems and procedures. Capable of analysing financial impact of marketing strategies but also able to demonstrate the need for, and ensure implementation of, appropriate systems and controls. An ability to work with all levels of staff within the company and handle relationships with external parties. Can work independently and maintain level of independence whilst working in partnership with the Head Office Finance team.
• Understanding of
• marketing and sales processes
• reporting systems and practices
• Strong knowledge and understanding of credit management
• Strong knowledge and understanding of internal controls
• Strong IT skills (required to be capable in working on Accounting software (preferably SAP Financial Modules), Advanced MS Excel), enabling the incumbent to maintain management information systems as well as specify business requirements to develop or enhance current management information systems.
• Should have experience of company planning process
• Should have up to 3 years experience in Finance and should have already performed role of management and/or financial accountant
Employment Equity Statement:
All applicants with South African citizenship will be considered, with the understanding that preference will be given to the designated groups in accordance with the Company's Employment Equity Policy and - Plan. Attention will also be focused on the recruitment of people with disabilities.
Internal candidates who meet the criteria will be considered as first priority.
Feedback will not be provided to individuals who have not been invited to interview.
The Job Holder will be a B.Com graduate with a highly commercial approach and strong sense of internal controls. Understanding of all functions within a FMCG company and in particular the interrelationship/interfaces between functions.
A sound understanding of the FMCG business environment, with knowledge of key elements of distribution and credit controls. A thorough understanding and knowledge of financial management end to end systems used within the DSS environment.
AJS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND AJS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.
SOME EMPLOYERS MAY ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF YOUR APPLICATION