EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Save the Children envisions a Uganda in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We strive to create impact for children by delivering our Programmes through partnerships, by being innovative, by acting as the voice for and of children, and by achieving results at scale. In Uganda, we implement programmes in six thematic programme areas of Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Education, Livelihoods & Food Security, Health and Nutrition and HIV/AIDS in development and emergency contexts. Save the Children seeks to fill the following vacant position and applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced nationals.
Every-One Campaign Manager (1 position – Re-advertised)
Duty Station ; Kampala
EVERYONE is a health campaign aimed at reducing child and maternal mortality.
The Everyone Campaign Manager
The Everyone Campaign Manager will work under the direct control and supervision of the Programmes Director.
The jobholder is overall responsible for planning, implementation and coordination of Save the Children’s EVERYONE campaign. The incumbent will lead the implementation of the EVERYONE campaign strategies developed as part of the country program strategic plan 2010-2014. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementation of the EVERYONE campaign and will specifically oversee the work in the campaign pillars of policy and political change, resource mobilisation and popular engagement. The job holder will also be responsible for identifying relevant potential partners nurturing relations and coalescing with likeminded organisations in implementation of the campaign Academic back ground, Experience & Person Specifications;
• A minimum of a Degree in Management, Social Sciences or any relevant field. A Masters Degree in a relevant field will be preferred. Post Graduate training in Project Management, Community Development and Participatory Approaches is an added advantage.
• At least 5 years progressive experience in working with an international NGO, preferably in the communications department.
• Experience with health campaigns/messaging.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including familiarity with production of documentation materials using Word and Powerpoint programs.
• Good knowledge and skills in project / program design, monitoring and evaluation
• Demonstrated ability to lead multi-sectoral and cross-departmental teams in fundraising and program development efforts.
• Representational, advocacy and diplomatic skills, including experience of building personal networks
at a senior level, resulting in securing new opportunities for the organisation.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in a team
• Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children strategy, vision, mission, values and
principles; good understanding and commitment to principles of child rights and child protection.
• Ability and willingness to undertake periodic field travel to up-country and in insecure areas.
• Must be a Ugandan national.
Applications with detailed CVs indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been direct supervisors
and copies of academic testimonials/ certificates should be submitted.
Note: The positions will remain open until they are filled. Candidates are therefore encouraged to
apply at the earliest opportunity.
Save the Children in Uganda is an equal opportunity employer, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
AJS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND AJS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.
SOME EMPLOYERS MAY ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF YOUR APPLICATION.