REGIONAL SECURITY ADVISOR
Anticipated Start Date:
Position Category: International
Position Location: NAIROBI, KENYA
Expected Travel: up to 50%
Language Requirement: English required, French desired
Employee Status: Full Time
Hrs Per Week (Part Time):
Type of Post: Accompanied - Family
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE is seeking an experienced Regional Security Advisor (RSA) to work to reduce the risks faced by CARE personnel, assets and programs operating in country offices through the provision of specialized, coordinated and focused safety and security preparedness and management support. This will include regional assessments as well as country office specific assessments. The RSA will establish and implement processes and systems for an effective security system as well as train and support staff to ensure that such risks are minimized. S/he will demonstrate a high level of socio-cultural, political and economic understanding of the many contexts in which CARE works. S/he will also develop a solid working knowledge of CARE's program framework in order to provide guidance and direction for safety and security which supports CARE's vision and mission. S/he will be required to travel to CARE's operational areas, including volatile and dangerous locations to assist COs in addressing deteriorating security, develop security plans, and provide technical assistance.
· Planning and preparation
· Crisis response
· Advising and reporting
· Management and capacity building
· Bachelor's Degree in a field related to humanitarian work or security risk management
· 5 years experience in assisting international organizations in developing security strategies for their operations
· 3 years experience working/living in developing countries
· Strong assessment, evaluation, analysis and strategic planning skills
· High level of experience in developing security related technical tools guidelines and systems
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to manage under stressful conditions
AJS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND AJS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.
SOME EMPLOYERS MAY ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF YOUR APPLICATION.