Chief Operations Manager, Ghana
Category : Consultant
Location/City : Accra
Id : 1545
ACDI/VOCA is currently seeking a Chief Operations Manager (COM) for a current project in Ghana. The COM is responsible for overseeing and managing the administrative, procurement, human resources, logistics and IT staff of ACDI/VOCA in Ghana. As part of the company’s senior management team, the COM will be responsible for ensuring that all administrative and support functions comply with the company’s and its clients’ rules and regulations as well as with applicable law. Equally important, the COM will be responsible for building the capacity of administrative and operational support staff to fulfill their duties as part of the company’s Ghana and West Africa regional teams. This position will be based in Accra, Ghana.
* Supervise operational and administrative support managers and staff to ensure they produce high-quality program deliverables on time.
* Ensure that administrative, operational and procurement functions comply with the company’s Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual, client rules and requirements, and applicable law.
* Ensure effective coordination among administrative, operations support and program staff.
* Develop, in coordination with human resources and project managers, effective and efficient processes for hiring, managing and mentoring staff.
* Provide guidance on all aspects of operations for efficient project implementation and ensure that administrative and operational functions and staff continue to improve in quality and efficiency.
* Ensure efficient organization and execution of events, conferences, workshops and large general meetings.
* Oversee and maintain all basic administrative systems for the project, including information resources, general filing, electronic filing, contracts and leases, travel, subscriptions, insurances, etc.
* Develop and manage a filing system for all Ghana and West Africa administrative and procurement documents.
* Ensure Ghana projects’ internet and other connectivity needs are met. Ensure that all licensed software belonging to the project is recorded and tracked.
* Carry out other duties assigned by the Regional Representative.
* Graduate degree in business management and administration or other relevant degree.
* At least seven years’ management experience of private sector or donor-funded projects required.
* Experience with U.S. government procurement policies and procedures strongly preferred.
* Proficiency in French strongly preferred.
No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.