Logistics Officer, Nairobi
POSITION TITLE: Logistics Officer
GRADE LEVEL: NOA
DUTY STATION: Nairobi
ORGANIZATIONAL UNIT:Somalia Country Office (FAO-Somalia)
DURATION: 1 Year
ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES:KENYAN & SOMALI NATIONALITIES
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As Soon as Possible
Under the overall supervision of the Officer in Charge (O.I.C.) FAO Somalia and the direct supervision of the Head of Unit, the incumbent will act as focal point for all Logistic matters and be responsible for the day-to-day logistics of the office and the field projects and/or programme activities: He/she will, in particular:
* Assists in the design and management of logistics system and operations at country level; assists in the development and implementation of logistics planning through coordination with Operations/Programmes Sectors; Provide technical advices to maximize operations of field activities;
* Manages the office vehicles fleet and ensures efficient organization of transports; Ensures efficient maintenance of vehicles, and ensure that designated drivers adhere to standard operating procedures; Monitor fuel consumption and vehicle tracking system;
* Administers day to day scheduling of vehicles. Ensure timely and cordial reception of visiting FAO missions, staff and experts coordinating with outsourced transport services, as required.
* Ensures compliance with national traffic laws and reports accidents to Management and Insurance companies. Ensures up to date insurance of vehicles and provision of fuel.
* Support to administrative and logistical services including events facilitation, meetings/workshops and transport of equipment and stationery as needed;
* Manages office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery and cleaning supplies, distribution of stationery and cleaning supplies as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution;
* Assist the Procurement Unit in the provision of logistic support for the supply of goods for field operations if required;
* Manages the building ensuring its full functionality and manages the cost sharing budget of common services; Supervises the cleaning, gardening, and catering staff and services.
* Monitors availability of utilities, water, electricity, and records consumption; verify bills against consumption and initiate certification of bills for payment;
* Maintain accurate and up-to-date local inventory records with responsibility for proper recording of assets, their maintenance and safeguard in COIN and local database. Report any missing or lost items and repairs/replacement needed for damaged or obsolete items;
* Manage petty cash for local purchases (premises, garden, cleaning, transport), and payment for temporary local labor after verification of their activities;
* Assist in extraction of data from various sources and cost recovery of common services to agencies, and prepare various reports to hosted agencies, including cost sharing budget on premises and common costs; Reports regularly on logistics matters;
* Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
* Perform other related duties as required.
Education: University degree in logistics, business administration, management or related fields.
Work Experience: At least three years of professional experience in logistics, supply, or operations/administration with logistics as functional background. Experience within a complex operating and emergency environment is and asset.
Languages: Working knowledge (level C) of English and working knowledge of the most widely used local language.
* Relevance and level of academic qualifications;.
* Extent of experience in logistics, and/or operations/administration;
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing;
* Ability to identify and resolve problems expeditiously and pragmatically;
* Ability to plan, coordinate, and manage multiple activities and adjust to changing priorities;
* Innovative, able to take risk and able to lead or participate in change to keep operations working;
Send your application to:
Candidates are requested to submit a covering letter quoting the Position Title and Vacancy Announcement No. FAO/08/2011 along with their current/detailed Curriculum Vitae and FAO Personal History (PH) form (available at http://www.fao.org/VA/adm11e.dot - see following page for guidelines on how to fill it out). E-mail is the preferred means of receipt and the application. The subject line of the e-mail message should read CONFIDENTIAL – FAO/08/2011.
Only short listed candidates meeting all essential qualifications will be contacted.
Fake job announcements and offers of assistance are in circulation. Scam "artists" want to steal your money!
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, TRAINING OR ANY OTHER FEES).
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.